Recipe Japanese Shrimp Sauce

Okay I have mastered the secret to white sauce also known as shrimp sauce or yum yum sauce. 

It's really big here  in Japanese Steakhouses (though it's not Japanese at all) 

It's amazing on Hibatchi, fried rice, etc. etc. 


There are a lot of recipes online that are complete mishaps, BUT I tinkered around and I finally got it! 

Japanese White sauce (also known as shrimp/yumyum sauce) 1-2 cup(s) mayonnaise (hellmann's is the best I've used so far I've tried other brands and it just doesn't come out right) 
3 tablespoons sugar (I used pure cane sugar) 
1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar 
2 tablespoons melted butter 
2 tablespoons of the heavy syrup from  peaches in a can
1 tablespoon honey 
1/2 - 1 tablespoon ketchup (to give it that pink-orange color) 
1-3 teaspoons paprika 
1-3 teaspoons garlic powder

You just have to fix and adjust it to your liking, but this IS the corrected recipe. It's took me several days to get this right, because it's such a mystery.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips