Do It Yourself Wednesday : Moroccan Tile Canvas




Hey lovelies!

So this project I did for my daughters room, to give it a touch of boho chic, whimsy, and a POP of color! It's two 11x14 canvases and one 16x20 canvas with the Moroccan tile painted on them. This project took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. 

I purchased all of my supplies at Michael's art supply store. Here is what you need:


  • FolkArt paint stencil in moroccan tile
  • Folkart multi-surface paint in your choice of color.  
  • Sponge brush or paint brush
  • Tape (optional)
  • Canvas in sizes 11x14 and 16x20
  • Paper plate & paper towel
Directions:
  1. First with the desired base paint, paint the entire canvas and let it dry (or you can leave it white and skip this step). For Chloe, I did Pink Rouge as my base and Berry Wine for the design.
  2. Open your stencil and place it on the surface of your canvas. You can tape it down with painters tape or washi tape to help secure it to the canvas.
  3. Grab the desired paint color for the tile design and begin painting! I used a paper plate for my paint and used a paper towel to sponge off excess paint. The stencil is small, so you do have to go section by section on the canvas.   
  4. Here is a helpful tip: You can brush paint this however, I found (out the hard way) that when you a use a sponge brush (stencil brush) the application is much better and easier and the paint doesn't bleed through and doesn't make a mess as you are removing the stencil to move to the next portion.




The paint dries pretty quickly so you can move to the next section of the canvas rapidly. 
Once you've finished and let it dry completely, hang and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips